Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 Jan 2004 20:34:27 -0700
From:         Jason Cornfeld <jasoncornfeld@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Please help me with my bleeding problem.. although i did get the
              fan 2 work!

Hello everyone, thank you all for your ideas on my radiator fan issue. i replaced the thermo switch. and its is working fine. but i have another problem.. i am pretty sure i bled the system well.. (could someone please send me a step by step idiot proof easy way to bleed?) but assuming i bled the system well, i think i have too much antifreeze in there now though.. its around 0 degrees here (lander, wy) well today it got to 30 degrees but tonight its -2 -3. If i let the van sit in the driveway and idle, i can get it to get fairly warm, overheat even (not anymore the fan works now) but the minute i start driving... my gauge goes down pretty quickly, which is great for the summer.. but not now.. it goes so far down it pegs it self and looks like its not reading at all (like when the van is not even on) how can i flush out enough coolant and get more water in? is this my problem? Yes i have a new thermostat in there too :) one last question... i have my van owners manual. i have the heater controls set to be the hottest i can get them. if im sitting its fine it will warm up the interior okay. but when im driving.. somehow cold air gets mixed up in with the heater somehow... any ideas? im really sorry for the long e-mail and all the questions.. i just love my vanagon and want it to work correctly. thanks for any advice in advance!

Cheers! Jason Cornfeld 1987 VW Vanagon GL Manual 4spd _____ | | |_|_\ ' O---O '

_________________________________________________________________ High-speed users—be more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet Software. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/prem&ST=1