Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:21:40 -0800
From:         Daryl Christensen <aatransaxle@DIRECWAY.COM>
Subject:      Re: Transmission housing corrosion and (separate question)
              asbestos ;~(
Comments: To: Herr Wibo Fichten <wibo.fichten@ROGERS.COM>

Corrosion on trannys where salt/anti icing stuff is used is all too common. There are many core tranny's I get that have totally unusable cases due to that problem and there is nothing other than painting when thay are still ok that will stop it. Once the alloy is starting to go, there is nothing permanent that will help that I know of. JB weld will temporarily do the job, but wont stay put for long. Some guys have added steel pieces onto where the shifter mounting tab goes to jury rig it, but you have to have enough material there to hook the plate to....no easy answer.. Daryl of AA Transaxle Duvall, WA. (Seattle area) 1-877-377-0773 toll free 425-788-4070 aatransaxle.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Herr Wibo Fichten" <wibo.fichten@ROGERS.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 7:54 PM Subject: Transmission housing corrosion and (separate question) asbestos ;~(