Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:07:10 -0600
From:         Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      NVC - I Vote To Kill It
Comments: To: mwmiller@CWNET.COM

I also vote to kill the thread on the Microsoft viruses/loopholes/weaknesses/security issues and other computer scams. There are plenty of other places we can go to learn about those things. Without a doubt, if I started posting Vanagon content on a Microsoft support group list, I would be banished in short order.

In case anyone hadn't noticed, this is a Vanagon list. It is maintained as, listed as, used (mostly) as a source of Vanagon information. There are enough posts to the list everyday that I sometimes have trouble keeping up with them all. What I don't need is posts with no Vanagon content (except this one - posted only to preserve the integrity of the list).

This isn't a list to post all of your garage sale items (unless they happen to be Vanagon parts). This list isn't here to get instructions to install a stereo in a Toyota Corolla, learn more about RVing in New Zealand (especially when you put in that post "I did not dig deeper to see what kind of RVs they were"), Top Fuel dragster stats, games to play with your cat, or finding whelk fishermen in England. If you haven't noticed, all of these have been topics on the list in recent months.

The world wide web holds a vast wealth of information on just about any topic you can imagine. Please, before posting to the VANAGON list, ask yourself, "With the large volume of messages we already have on the VANAGON list, does my question, statement, or other post, serve some useful purpose, or further the cause of the VANAGON list in some way?"

If you must put a non-Vanagon related topic on the list, please, please put "NVC" (No Vanagon Content) at the lead of the subject line. Remember, when you post anything to the list, it is there to stay. It will forever clog and pollute the archives which can already take a considerable amount of time to search.

Please remember that this is a Vanagon list. Vanagons are our reason for coming together. Let's all work to make this a happy, healthy, productive community.

Cheers, Bruce