Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:50:55 -0800
From:         Damon Campbell <damoncampbellvw@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Another call for dead ECUs
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@bellsouth.net>

Hello John,

My wife has commented at least once how i can't really leave anything alone "never satisfied" was her phrase, i believe... That might be germaine to this bit about the 'squirt as well.

As far as where i am going with it? I hope a trip to Cali, maybe Nova Scotia, hitting the rockies again... but to get there i need to first:

1) figure out how to solder together a circuit board 2) learn what all those little electronic doo-dads do 3) figure out how to adapt this setup to an '84 westy 4) get it running with the new fuel system 5) tune it 6) smile

After i get it tuned, i might switch to a different version of megasquirt which controlls the spart aspect, too, but since i have a mechanicalvacuum advance setup right now, i'll worry about fuel only.

Basically, it will a modernization of my same FI system with the exception of replacing the AFM with a MAP (manifold air pressure) sensor, and having a genuine analogue TPS. Rumor has it driveability will increase quite a bit.

I'll let you know as soon as i know anything (which is to say i don't really know much right now...)

-Damon

--- John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@bellsouth.net> wrote: > Damon, where are you headed with this Megasquirt > project? I know of > Megasquirt, but know nothing about it applicability > to V-gons, WBX's or > otherwise. > > Keep us posted, would you?? > > Thanks, > > John Rodgers > 88 GL > > Damon Campbell wrote: > > >Hello Listmembers, > > > >I was wondering if there were any dead ECUs > floating > >around out there? Digifant, Digijet... i don't > really > >care, but i want to rip the stock (and dead) PCB > out > >of it, and use it to house the megasquirt kit i > just > >received. I'd really like to keep the whole new > EFI > >system looking as stock as possible, and this will > go > >a long way towards that. > > > >Of course, ditching the AFM and stock airbox may > look > >a little odd, i suppose... > > > >A few months back, a list member graciously offered > >his, but i can't seem to contact him any more, so > this > >second call goes out. > > > >Thanks for any help, > >-Damon > > > >===== > >'84 Westy (Sparky) w/2.3L WBX (wow... it actually > works!) > > > >__________________________________ > >Do you Yahoo!? > >Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" > Sweepstakes > >http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus > > > > > > >

===== '84 Westy (Sparky) w/2.3L WBX (wow... it actually works!)