Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:10:33 EST
From:         Dustin Fitch <DSF70@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Hi my nne is Brian and I am a Vanagon addict (EBAY)

You know, like Brian, I did have a few problems with my van over several months....luckily....I got most of them ironed out....until the next prob. But seriously, to own a Vanagaon does require a love of the vehicle and a passion to give it TLC on a daily basis. A little bit harsh on the responses to brian folks, but hey, I have to admit, my gut reaction was *almost* the same.....I may have worded it a bit differently though.....I do admire your directness though. In Bri's defense......I didn't have to sell my Vanagon, however, I found it necessary to park it for the winter this year. Circumstances come up in life that actually may be more important than getting out there every day or every other day to keep the thing able to get you to work or to school......for myself.....I'm in nursing school right now (no..not vanagon nursing school, but I think I do deserve an associate's in that area) and I couldn't afford to get out there every day and make sure all was well.....I work full time and attend nursing school full time and new england without a garage is brutal sometimes. My time is limited.....if for some reason my good ol van didn't start the day I'm on my way to the hospital.....I don't make it to the hospital or I make it there late.....and these folks and my fellow classmates are relying on me to be able to be there. We don't know Bri's circumstances........some things may actually be more important then keeping the van running,....sometimes we just plain may not have the time at the moment.

However, I couldn't find it in my heart to sell the van.....I do love the van and intend to have 'er out this coming spring after I'm done with classes. Boy though......for anyone who has ever had to park their van for a period of time, I never thought I could feel so bad. I know that sounds sappy, but seeing 'er sit in that garage with dim headlights and so cold (sub-zero actually) it pains my heart. I know she wants to run...to taste the road.......and then she sees me pull in driving this SUV.....ouch. I feel guilty! It's only a metal machine though isn't it?...welll....for a true lover of the vanagon, I guess it is anything but just metal. It's in your heart.

That said though....sometimes circumstances necessitate a change. I wish brian good luck, and correct that million miles thing......hell, I thought I was doing well with an original 1.9 with 145,000 miles on it! lol........

Take care everyone....I'm reassured that y'all will be here in the spring when my vanagon once again needs tlc so she can....taste the road baby, sunroof open wide!

Dustin