Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:53:27 -0700
From:         Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM>
Subject:      For Sale - 86 Syncro Westy
Comments: To: "wetwesties@yahoogroups." <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          VWVANFULLTIMERS@yahoogroups.com, vanagon@yahoogroups.com,
          ev_update@yahoogroups.com, Syncro@yahoogroups.com
Comments: cc: ben@kbmc.net

Posted for Ben McCafferty

Please contact Ben at ben@kbmc.net with any questions.

- - -

Hi everyone, been a while! Hope you've all been well and are having a good new year...

A couple of items of interest:

I'm helping a neighbor sell her 1986 syncro westy, 179K, and wanted to get it out to the list for interested parties. It's champagne with the white top, and brown interior. I've looked it over and will be happy to provide the details of my inspection and contact info to anyone who's interested. Overall, it's solid and rust-free, and I'd call it about an 8 out of 10. It will need a VC and a rear heater core post haste, but otherwise is in good shape.

In other news, I have the opportunity to pick up a wrecked syncro 7-pass for next to nothing. I think it's about an 87 or 88, and is also the champagne color. I hate to see it go to the crusher because there's still a lot of good stuff on it, so I'm considering parting it out as a service to the vanagon/syncro communities. I would probably make a little money on it as well, but not a lot. Anyway, some of the notable items that are in very good shape include: Both front doors Slider (needs a window) Most windows All seats--these have grey vinyl sides, and a cloth top--sort of a criss-cross pattern. No tears/burns/etc. There are the two fronts, the rear/bed, and two jumpseats with all hardware/mounts/seat belts. Since they're still in the van, I can take instructions on how to cut them out if you have special needs for lots of plate, etc. Tranny with diff lock Driveshaft Front diff Probably no VC since this may get used by a friend Probably no motor for same reason All front end parts (headlight assemblies, grill, steering rack, rotors, etc.) Skid bars (not sure about the engine skid plate, it may be damaged but I think it's ok) Power window switches Power mirrors Cruise components Speedo (not sure about condition, i.e. seized or not, etc.) Set of four black steel wheels with the small circular holes around the lugnuts and good tires (one tire is mismatched, haven't seen the spare yet) And so on...

I'll probably only take this on if it would be helpful to you all, so let me know what would be useful to you, what you'd pay for it, and where you are. I'm still in Louisville, CO (near Denver, zip 80027), and would deliver stuff within a reasonable distance, and/or ship.

Take good care and I'll talk to you all later. bmc :) ben@kbmc.net "Faith will move mountains, but you'd better bring a shovel...."

- - -

Do not go where the path may lead;

go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson,

Larry Chase Email: RoadGuy@RoadHaus.com Web: <file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/RoadHaus/Application%20Data/Micro soft/Signatures/WWW.RoadHaus.com> WWW.RoadHaus.com Cell: 408.202.1217 What: North American Road Trip How: RoadHaus - 1990 White VW Westfalia Syncro Today: Arizona