Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:19:18 EST
From:         Don Deitke <DVWImports@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: cylinder hone question
Comments: To: jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET

Good Afternoon Gang & Jonathan, BT and John ~~~ We usually find when a person trys to discredit a person or business is either into parts selling or VW service / Some have friends who have parts sites that they are trying to protect, there are also those who are just Plain Jealous / Some parts site owners also use a alias email address to submit a sales pitch to the talk groups and they make it look like they are happy customers. You all have read it before . It goes like this ~ I just got my order from www.busheavens .com & Im so happy give them a try for your parts /// .My Credentials go way back to the late 50,s I had the chance to grind ,file ,sand on the building of a custom sports car made from 50,s Pontiac / Studebaker parts and many other models / 3 of us chipped in to do the car AND it was a work of art .It was showed in various parades & used as a pace car at our local races . The car then went on to be on the Cover page & 4 center pages of Hot Rod Magazine in the late 50,s We then moved on to working on VW,S The mid 50 models . After a year the owner of the shop said to me you know more than I do & I,m getting tired I,m going to give you the business & you take it to your place./ I always had 20 to 30 VW,s waiting to be worked on thru 70,s 80,s & earlly 90,s finish one, move onto the next one it was endless endeavor !!!I I then hired a nice young fellow whoes name is Walt Miles who worked for me for several years who then went on to organize & owns the SUPER JAM since its beginning / I have judged at many VW car shows / I also did most of the east coast VW shows selling our VW wares by the case loads at every show At ~~~ Manassas , Winston Salem, Conn. New York and the Famous Super Jam in Pa and many of the smaller burg shows.all during the 80,s.We also sponsered a Drag racing Bug driven by Bill Powers out of Harrisburg which was also center paged in VW Trends in the late 80,s or early 90,s.!!! Our sales setup at shows was also center paged at various times./ We have been Warehouse distriutors for many years for CB PERFORMANCE / EMPI / SCAT / WESTCOAST METRIC and many MAJOR Importers to this day !! Now I was called in Nov.from a major importer who made the statement to me. We have seen you around for many years in various import auto lists & ( We ) want you to join our sales team , which I have . I ,m proud to say I ,m a part of the team of five warehouses N. CAL. / S CAL / Atlanta / Boston/ Florida .which you can use as the closest to you for quicker shipping time. The main reason I quit doing the shows is that my wife died in 92 & she was part of it but time has now healed and Im moving on / I can go on & on but I think thats a nuff You can reach me at 814 266 9335 in PA. The 800 number will be re instilled asap Thanks To all Don at DVW (www.dvwimportautoparts.com )