Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:04:44 -0800
From:         Kirk van Druten <kirk@LANSHARKS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Rear Seatbelt - Solved, Thanks & Note
Comments: To: robyn.rudisill@comcast.net

Robin wrote:

> Kirk, > > Now that you have done the ground work, would you mind sharing your findings > in sort of a summarized edition? > > thanks for your time. > robyn

Robin,

The solution is apparently quite well documented. Here's what I'm finding everyone pointing me to:

http://volksweb.relitech.com/helmut/RearSeatBelt/RSFB_001.HTM

The procedure is also reported to be in the Bently manual (I can't confirm this as I haven't looked yet).

If you missed it on the vanagon list this morning, here's more info from Kevin McLean:

(begin paste) To install a shoulder belt on the right rear of my 1987 Westy I followed the hints on Tom's webpage:

<http://volksweb.relitech.com/helmut/RearSeatBelt/RSFB_001.HTM>

Pretty straight forward but: The part numbers are for the belts only, make sure that you get all the mounting bolts as well. Also, the new buckle would not fit the old receiver so I had to order that as well.

GoWesty has aftermarket belts, including one for the left side (belt has to run through the closet). It looks like their kit mounts the belt retractor high on the van's wall. This would eliminate having to trim the one wall panel.

Has anyone installed a shoulder belt on the left side of a Westy? How much does it intrude into the closet?

Thanks,

Kevin McLean calgary.ab.ca

(end paste)

Kirk out