Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:34:22 -0800
From:         TJ Hannink <tjhannink@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Florida Vanagon Owners Get-together 2/29/04
Comments: cc: Wolfsburg Campers <wolfsburg_campers@yahoogroups.com>

There will be an informal get-together of Florida Vanagon owners (or any Vanagon owner that happens to be nearby) on Sunday, February 29th, 2004. We will be meeting on the beach at Ft. DeSoto Park in St. Petersburg, FL. The location was selected because of the photos shown here: http://home.earthlink.net/~matsuwesty/page26.html

Once you entor the park, follow the road until you come to a "T" in the road, turn left, follow the road to the end and you will end up where that photo was taken. It's the Northeast end of the park.

We shouldn't be too hard to find; if there are more than 4 Vanagons in attendance, that will be the most Vanagons I have ever seen in one place in Florida at any given time..

I picked the date because its always nice to tell people that you spent the day on the beach in February.:>) Don't forget to bring a sweater, it is a bit windy in the park sometimes.

For more park info, directions, etc.. check out the following websites: http://fortdesoto.com/ http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/05_Ft_DeSoto.htm

Remember if you are heading south on I-275, make sure you get off at the proper exit (the Pinellas Bayway exit) or you will end up having to go over the SunShine skyway (twice).

Bring some toll money (85 cents if you are not crossing the Sunshine Skyway) for the bridges to the park from the mainland.

At this point, there are no scheduled events happening, so between checking out the vans and the activities available in the part there should be plenty to keep everyone entertained. I plan on leaving Orlando around 7:00 am, anyone interested in caravaning, drop me a line.

We will be setting up a web page with more event info, caravan list and possibly a parts swap page if anyone is interested and will post a link. Please pass on this info to any non-listee Vanagon owner you know that might be interested in attending.

Thanks and look forward to seeing all of you there.

Tim F.A.V.O.R. - Florida Association of Vanagon Owners