Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:30:32 -0800
From:         Mark Tuovinen <mst@AK.NET>
Subject:      Re: I found a nice block heater for the wasserboxer!

You can also use an incandescent or halogen shop light as long as you have access to electricity. To speed up the process, block off the all open areas around the engine compartment as much as possible, the smaller the area you have to heat, the faster it will warm up. For traditionally configured vehicles, ie the family sedan, truck, etc, you can throw a tarp, blanket, or sleeping bag over the hood to help keep the heat in. It should go without saying that if you are using your camp stove as a block heater you need to be sure that your fuel lines are in good shape! The stove under the engine with a tarp over the top is an old aviation trick for starting aircraft in the winter.

Mark in AK ( -10F this morning, will this ever end?)

----- Original Message ----- From: Matthew <poll7356@UIDAHO.EDU> Date: Thursday, January 29, 2004 10:03 am Subject: Re: I found a nice block heater for the wasserboxer!