Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:01:09 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Weird bucking
Comments: To: Damon Campbell <damoncampbellvw@YAHOO.COM>

Warm the engine, remove the ISV connector, drive the vehicle. If the symptoms have disappeared, the problem is in the idle stabilizer circuit...either the ISV or the ISC. The ISC is nearly always the culprit. If you pull it and open it up, you most likely with find a burned resistor or capaciitor on the the circuit board. The ISC is in front of the right rear tail light. Remove the light to access the ISC. It just plugs in.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver