Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:57:14 -0800
From:         developtrust <developtrust@COX.NET>
Subject:      SPAM EATER at www.spameater.com

This might be useful to some of you.

I don't know about the rest of you but I have been deluged by spam lately including those with gobbledygook that tries to outsmart the mail servers and spam programs. I get over 40 spam emails per day and some days over 100. My mail blocker option has already over 200 blocked messages and that way of dealing with spam has become time consuming. The trouble is that the spammers change their email address often and you can never get back to them to unsubscribe. AND THEY ARE UNSCRUPULOUS ANYWAY.

A friend of mine works for a company that owns spameater. I got an email from him today and had to identify myself to get his message. Then he had the option to put me on his "white list" and allow future emails (or not.)

I signed up for a 30 day free trial today and it seems to be working. The only thing is the program checks email every 15 minutes to strip spam so if you open your mail program often some might get through. I hope they improve the system.

I have put the UT group on my white list, so the list will not need to go through the authentication process.

BUT I highly recommend you try this if you have been getting lots of spam.

IT WORKS AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO INSTALL ANYTHING!

The 30 day free trial is at www.spameater.com After that it costs only $17.94 per year (a 50% discount if you buy one year or $2.99 a month.)

William