Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:26:05 -0600
From:         Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      WARNING !-  Diesel Engine on eBay - Funny Paint Job

Warning All,

First, I have never done business with this company. I have never had any contact with them. However, I do have a considerable amount of experience both buying and selling on eBay.

As the original poster pointed out, the mating surface on the block for the head has been painted. Hopefully any of our knowledgeable list members would take this as warning enough on this item. However, I looked a bit further. Check out this seller's feedback. The first 10 (TEN!) items of feedback this seller has APPEAR to be absolute, unquestionable fabrications. Check for yourself.

The first ten items this guy sold were all 1¢ items (literally) such as a sheet metal screw, a wire terminal, a 14mm nut & screw, a 6mm cap nut, an 8mm nut, etc. All these items were sold for 1¢. Very suspicious.

Interestingly, each auction specifically noted, "Local pick-up only." Nothing wrong with that, but if you look at auction #2203895360 (an 8mm nut) the feedback says, "shiping was super quick." Isn't this an obvious flag that this feedback is a fake? Finally, all of these auctions were done within a 5 day period. This stinks of someone fabricating positive feedback, simply to induce false confidence in the seller. That is NOT what the eBay feedback system is all about.

I would urge any fellow listees that are eBay members to contact eBay and urge them to launch an investigation. To keep the trust which is absolutely necessary in the eBay community, we cannot stand for what appears to be such underhanded tricks.

It is possible that this vendor offers quality products. As I said at the beginning, I have never done business with them. They may be legitimate. However, I make it a practice to avoid vendors that attempt what appears to be such underhanded tactics.

I guess the moral to this story is that it is very important to carefully research any seller whose items you might want to bid on.

Best of Wishes to All.

Cheers, Bruce

************************************************************** I was wandering around eBay and noticed this "remanufactured" diesel Vanagon engine. Something didn't quite look right, finally I figured it out. They painted the top of the block where the cylinder head bolts on. Nice.......

Cheers,

Jeff

_________________________________________________________________ Let the new MSN Premium Internet Software make the most of your high-speed experience. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/prem&ST=1