Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:25:07 -0800
From:         Harald Rust <harald_nancy_vw@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Friday - the unsexy vanagon

Forwarded from: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/vw-camping/ Friday - The Unsexy Vanagon Driving through the rain on the way home, notice a young lady standing by the side of the road, arm outstretched, looking to hitch a ride. I pull over, step on the brake, and slowly the old vanagon comes to a lumbering halt. I lean over to open the passenger door, careful not to bump the shifter. "On your way to the college?" I ask. "Yes", she says with a nice German accent. "That's on my way" I answer, "and if you like, you can come in, and I'll give you a ride." "Thanks, but wait a moment, and let me take a look at your vanagon." she says. She walks around the front, and disapprovingly proclaims, "You don't have any Project Zwo fog lights". "Huh! no I guess not." Then she continues, "There is no South African grill with round headlights. No 15" wheels with oversized disc brakes, and no suspension upgrades." Then she walks over to the rear, and complains, "No engine conversion. How do you make this thing move? It's not even a syncro with a needle-bearing decoupler, and a front and rear locker. Aren't you afraid to get stuck?" Glancing into the vanagon, she looks thoroughly disgusted and says, "Oh no, it's an automatic!" Then she announces with a disappointed expression, "Frankly, I can't take this ride. It would too embarrassing to be seen in a vanagon such as yours." "Well," I say, "I'm sorry, and start to close the passenger door." Now the rain is coming down in big drops, and she looks uncomfortably wet. Before I have a chance to close the door, she asks, "Tell me, you must have some cool mods in your vanagon?" "Hmm.. let me think, oh yes, I do have a dual battery isolator." "Oh come on," she says, "everyone knows they only install those, because they look sexy, and have no real purpose." "Well," I say, "that's the only mod my vanagon has." "Do you still want the ride or not?" Gracefully she jumps in, fastens the seat belt, and says, "Sure, lets, go." Disclaimer: Any relation to the dead or undead is purely coincidental. Harald `90 westfalia