Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:15:27 -0500
From:         Laurence Smith <laurence@ALANASMITH.COM>
Subject:      Re: driver's side; clear coat paint peeling; 1989 GL
Comments: To: "Eric M. Ginney" <ginho@EARTHLINK.NET>

I have a 90 Westy. Silver with clear coat. The previous owner takes it down to Mexico and a kid asks him if wants the van washed while he goes shopping. Sure he says.

On his return, he finds every inch of the clear coat has been scratched in a kind of swirling motion. The kid was rinsing the soap off the van with sandy water and a rag. So now the van looks like stainless steel. Its quite cool looking. The kid was stupid, but consistent.

Moral of the story: The clear coat is fragile. Don't try this at home.

- Laurence

---------------------------------------- Laurence Smith Hamilton, Ontario, Canada 90 Westy / 90 Subie 2.2 (in progress) 87 GL / 91 Subie 2.2 ----------------------------------------