Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Feb 2004 07:33:46 -0500
From:         Larry Petty <lpetty@TELTRONICS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Hubcaps
Comments: To: Mark Tuovinen <mst@ak.net>

Thanks Mark. Yes, I am investigating alloys also but wow - $500 plus. All because I lost a silly hubcap after getting new tires. Gowesty has replacement OEM disks for $74.95 each. It's still plastic though so that really seems excessive.

-----Original Message----- From: Mark Tuovinen [mailto:mst@ak.net] Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 5:32 PM To: Larry Petty Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Hubcaps

Larry,

Your OEM hubcaps were designed for your wheels, aftermarket hubcaps are more generic, they are designed to fit a variety of wheels and will fit some better then others. I see this often, here many people have two sets of tires and rims, one for snow tires and the other for summer. Every year I see customers that have tried to put aftermarket hubcaps on OEM wheels, or OEM hubcaps on aftermarket wheels with little success. The best, most secure fit is usually OEM hubcaps on OEM wheels, other combinations may work but it will be trial and error to find out. I agree with you that the original hubcaps are not very attractive, in my case I am looking for a full set of alloy wheels for our 87 Westy Syncro and will eventually end up with the steel wheels sitting in the shed where they belong.

Mark in AK

----- Original Message ----- From: Larry Petty <lpetty@TELTRONICS.COM> Date: Monday, February 9, 2004 10:25 am Subject: Hubcaps