Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:11:03 -0800
From:         Jim Arnott <jrasite@EONI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Microsoft
Comments: To: zolo <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>

Hi Zoltan,

I currently do tech support for an ISP. Here's what I tell my customers about attachments:

Rule 1. Microsoft never, ever sends out product updates by e-mail. Never, ever. Take a nail and scratch that into the glass of your monitor... Microsoft never, ever sends out product updates by e-mail. They do provide a product update service to corporations whereby they send an e-mail notifying the sys admins that there is a product update available. They will provide a link to where the update can be downloaded. They charge for this service. $2,000/yr. I've heard. If you haven't paid the fee, don't expect to receive notification. Oh, and by the way... Microsoft never, ever sends out product updates by e-mail.

What you have is most likely the W32.Swen.A@mm virus.

Oh, and Zoltan, Microsoft never, ever sends out product updates by e-mail.

Jim Arnott