Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Feb 2004 10:11:08 EST
From:         John Carpenter <Trvlr2001@AOL.COM>
Subject:      NVC; Thanks everyone!!!

Hi All, The bus is up & running. Thanks to everyone that helped in my ignition repair. From helping me tow it home, to helping answer some of my dumb & obvious questions!:) And some very technical ones as well. You people really know your stuff! And stuck with me all through the wiring diagram to find the problem(s). It seems it was a one two punch deal, where a corroded-through (ignition) starter motor wire finally broke off, & of course, stopped the bus dead on the spot. Trough most of the tests, the main wiring terminal showed power. So I didn't go to the starter connections. Finally through moving wires around, it showed up. What isn't clear, is if I also ruined the ECU, by plugging it in & out with the key on, Or if the corroded wire wriggled & jiggled enough to stop the ECU as well. I take blame for it all, since the She 'told' me "I need some TLC!" :) by having a hesitation when the key was in the starting position. But hey, it stopped doing that, and it turned cold, yada yada yada.... But not as cold as it was on the side of the road, in the dark, with traffic whizzing by at 65 !!! :) Thanks especially to the three of four people who went above & beyond! I owe ya big time! (And you saved me a lot of bucks it would have cost, by taking it to the dealer!) You know who you are. I wont mention names, cuz I know that's not what you're all about! :) What a great learning experience this has been for me. I now know a lot more about my bus. peace, John C. SLC, UT