Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:16:54 -0600
From:         "Donald Baxter / Iowa City, Iowa" <onanov@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: How many Vanagons

I think the Iowa City area has a pretty large Vanagon population despite the hostile winter weather conditions. Like it or not, it's one of those "vehicles of choice" in communities where those of the left of center persuasion tend to congregate. The Vanagons of Iowa City are frequently of the rusting variety, but they're still here. We also have our share of 1968-1979 models hanging on around here, too.

My partner still insists that all the drivers are likely to be on food stamps (despite my protestations every time he mentions this--Vanagons are FAR too expensive a hobby for this to be a shared characteristic.)

http://www.mindspring.com/~onanov donald.baxter@mchsi.com donald-baxter@uiowa.edu

"While pedestrians should be ensured safety along our roads, the protection of intermittent foot traffic should not come at the expense of a motorist's life." -Tom Coleman, G(eorgia)DOT Commissioner