Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:13:04 -0500
From:         Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Florida Camping and CCW

Brrrrrrrr..... Just reading your post is scary! Hand Gun's, well, not use to that, I hate those... anyway, not allowed in Canada unless you have 12 permits (he he) and you're a priest.

My English is probably not elaborate enough to fully understand your post but if I hear you well, your telling me to arm myself so I can sleep better.... Your heard me wrong, I sleep light, even in the comfort of my home, I sleep better in the Westy.

I don't know if the FL citizens attitude is different from the rest of the USA but I know about most other states, all I can say is am always very impress by the warm, generous, polite and welcoming attitude of my southern neighbors, every single people I have met in USA or Canada have be so nice to me.

Last year many have warned me about TX police... Well, I was stuck with a broken and very loud muffler between San-Antonio and El paso (not sure where), I was arrested by an highway patrol car with 2 officers, at first I have to say that they look a bit scary, but to cut that short, they escorted me to the nearest town, help me find a garage, stayed with me and even offer the coffee afterward... so, good attitude will always get you anywhere, that is how I see life men...

As for protecting myself against those nasty American bandidos.... (He he he) Believe me, I've seen a lot worse in my travelling life, I carry a weapon call; Good and positive attitude... very dangerous... if that doesn't work, well that life... (or the crowbar under my seat can always help in ultimate situation)

Don't mess with a Canadian/Indian/German mix/bastar* like me! he he he he

Happy travelling. http://www.benplace.com