Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Feb 2004 12:56:59 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Manual Trans Oil Chg Question
Comments: To: Daryl Christensen <aatransaxle@DIRECWAY.COM>

Dwight: Don't let one of those fast oil change places flush and change the tranny grease. The tranny will hold onto about a liter of old grease as you drain it. If they flush it with solvent it leaves enough solvent in there to ruin your synchronizers within about 1000 miles of city driving because it thins out the new grease. Just drain and refill the tranny, don't flush it. A half teaspoon of iron filings on your magnetic oil drain plug is normal for 100,000 mile tranny.

Stan Wilder