Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:36:14 -0500
From:         Jason Willenbrock <pooncerelli@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Adding Coolant
Comments: To: pnocean@EARTHLINK.NET

i prefer to use prestone 5/150 dexcool phosphate free. someone may disagree but 6 years and no problems! if your level is going down you may have a leak somewhere. there are soooo many places for these vans to leak. even internally, heater cores front or rear, dreaded heads, ugh!! your best bet is top it off, bleed it properly, then if level still goes down have it pressure tested and that will tell the tale. as far as bleeding my prefered method, which seems to be commonly used by other listees is, drive for a while when home take off front grill and open bleeder on radiator. it will hiss if air in the system followed by coolant, close valve. do this every 100 miles or so until no more air comes out. should only take once or twice to do it properly. if you are really concerned about bleeding then follow the method in the bentley guide. good luck! jason 87 syncro westy project ( next week installation of interior, that will be fun!!)

_________________________________________________________________ Say “good-bye” to spam, viruses and pop-ups with MSN Premium -- free trial offer! http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/