Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:52:43 -0800
From:         Todd Last <Rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rebuilding Man. Tranny-Questions regarding taller gears??
Comments: To: Daryl Christensen <aatransaxle@DIRECWAY.COM>

I have the 5spd and had the 5th updated to a lower ratio for a freeway gear. (.72?) It dropped my rpms about by about 500 over the .77 ratio. Also helped with a 1mpg increase in gas mileage on the freeway. Personally, I like the lower 1st. Its not that much lower, and is a real benefit if you live in a hilly area and have to start on an incline.

Todd '88 Westy