Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:42:46 -0500
From:         Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Going south... dam* Canadian weather...(FL Camping question)

Thanks to all for all the links and info.

Let say that I don't like to sleep in truck-stop or Wall-Mart parking lot, I have a very light sleep and I wake up at the sound of a leaf falling down... and I jump to the sealing each time... I did it a few time last year when travelling to Mexico because I had no choice, I didn't get much sleep each time so... driving the next day for 10 to 14 hours was a nightmare. Am going south because am dead, I need some relaxing time on a beach, that's it all I want for this year, last year was a race and a stressful trip, I came back dead.

I don't really care about 35$ to even 50 a night if it's nice and quiet, all I want is a nice spot when I can stay for at least a week, make a nice fire and go on the beach or see some gators....

I found some great state park on http://www.abfla.com/parks/maps/alpha.html

Am just amazed how expensive some private campgrounds are, ocean side 100USD a night!!!! Like someone else said, I better take the plane and go to any southern small country like Dominican Republic.

But I have a Westy... and I want to use it. Am going alone and it's gone a be a good time to relax and reflect on life...

Am sure FL must still have some nice quit spot to camp near the ocean. Am gone a find theses. If not, am gone a go elsewhere.

I don't do more than 400-500 miles a day when travelling alone so it's a good 3 days going south. If I don't break anythings................

Cheers and thanks Ben http://www.benplace.com/