Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:41:07 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Going south... Canadian Camping question
Comments: To: Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Comments: cc: RoadGuy@RoadHaus.com

But I have a Westy... and I want to use it. Am going alone and it's gone a be a good time to relax and reflect on life... ------------------ Clip --------------------- I'm glad your Westy has been upgraded to "Garden Gnome" status and you're taking it everywhere you go on your travels. Please stop at each state line sign and photograph your Westy for us. We're never going to believe that you left Canada and all that beautiful Snow and Ice if we don't get to see some pictures. On my last trip to Florida we stayed in an RV campgrounds that had RVs for rent by the day, week or month. These units were 'year-round' vehicles that belonged to Snow Birds that just wanted to get their monthly parking paid for so they didn't have to worry about driving ageing RVs from North to South every year. You might consider asking some of the RV camp keepers if they have stationary units for rent. This might put you close to the beach in some locations. If you don't waste 4+ days driving to have a two day vacation you might actually get some sun on the beach. With gas at over $1.60 most places, it's a toss up on Air vs. Air Cooled (WB alternate at 15 - 16 mpg). Then there is the desperate move of calling Larry Chase and moving in with him for a week on one of the Florida Beaches. I'm sure Larry would love to have some company. I don't think language would be a problem, Larry speaks Canadian and I'm sure with a little assistance you'll learn enough English to get a beer and barbeque.

Stan Wilder