Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:55:53 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: RoadHaus - Escaping Air Sound?
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>

He infomed us that the computer has a softswitch so that when the software sensed an incoming telephone fax, the computer would boot to receive the fax message. disconnecting the phone line to the computer solved the problem until we could reset the switch. It was a funny event though, with everything booting up all at once.!! ---------------------- Clip -------------------- OK,.. you just brought out the worst war story on the HISS that I've experienced. While camping I always bring out my large fire extinguisher and set it in a location that I can easily reach when I'm cooking in the Westy. I know from experience that it takes at least a 10 pound extinguisher to put out an engine fire and at least a 5 pound extinguisher to put out a flaming skillet of French fries. The safety pin came out of my extinguisher and I hadn't noticed it. While organizing 'stuff' to get the bed down and made I accidentally dropped something on the extinguisher and through a combination of only the weird and the fact that the trigger was pre loaded with the extinguisher hanging in a five gallon plastic bucket the darn extinguisher unloaded it's nasty yellow powder into my Westy interior. Hardly got me at all from the fifty feet I ran before I figured what the noise and smoke like stuff was. Three years later I was still smelling and vacuuming up that stinking yellow fire extinguisher powder. That stuff just gets airborne and fills every void when the extinguisher is activated. Also I can tell you that it tastes awful when you crank down a window and the 70 mph breeze catches another hidden thimble full to distribute around the interior. --------------------- Recently someone posted to the Porsche 912 list that they had a can of spray paint explode inside a relatively new Porsche. Sorrowful thing was that the Porsche was a recent purchase for the guy and he hadn't added it to his insurance policy before the can exploded. His explanation was that the can sprung a leak and rocketed around inside the closed car until it fully expended its contents. Sounds like a lawsuit in the making??????

Stan Wilder