Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:28:55 -0800
From:         Tromper <tromper@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      85 with Factory sunroof -1500

Hi Volks,

Just looked at an 85 with the big factory sunroof. after much mulling I've decided to let this one go by.

Here's the data Mileage 135k

Motor. I'm no wasserboxer type, but it seemed OK. No visible leaks on the heads didn't want to blow coolant when up to temp or cold that I could detect.

Interior. OK, far from perfect. I didn't' check for swivels but it has the full width zbed I got a coolant smell when I activated the rear heater.

Suspension., Yuck needs shocks unless you like 'em real soft.

Brakes. squealing, and needing a good bleed/adjust at least. was told by mechanic were fine. same mechanic did back heater work.

Body overall not bad, couple of dings, Drivers rear signal cracked/should replace plastic. missing one of the rear plastic bumper thingies front bumper rusting on one corner looks like it took a ding back when, and repair was a bit sleazy but can only see up close. needs lube on the slider but works ok.

Misc ugly stuff. front fan hardwired to low permanently, was given some story about how tough it was to replace switch by mechanic who did heater work. (took me almost 15 min to replace mine including coffee breaks (this is Seattle ya know)

might be some other stuff if you poke at me on specifics. To see it call them not me.

contact information.

1985 Volkswagen Vanagon

Price: $1,500 Features: Sunroof

1985 Vanagon - 4sp, snrf, 7pass/Qu bed. $1500/obo. 206 849-6617.

Keep on Buss'n Tromper 82 Dieselfant II - Crunchy bod crusty interior good shocks motor, and brakes.

Curiosity Kills more Mice then Cats