Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:45:54 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: 89 Vanagon oil usage question
Comments: To: DanielCRoberts@AOL.COM

Many 2.1L Waterboxer engines use this amount of oil or more. Mine has since day one. It now has 215K on it. High speeds will increase the consumption and one should take note to avoid the urge to overfill it. The top mark is not full; it is the MAX never to exceed no matter what level mark. For extended high speed operation, the oil temps will stay lower with the level near the lower mark. My testing has shown that when operating the engine above 4,000 rpm, the mid point is still too high, even with an external oil cooler set up.

Dennis