Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:54:07 -0600
From:         Christensen <populuxe@QWICS.COM>
Subject:      Re: TracPipe, anyone used it?
Comments: To: Gerald Masar <azsun99@EARTHLINK.NET>

"trac-pipe","gas-tite" and "ward-flex" are all the same type corrugated stainless steel tubing (ccst) but have different termination fittings. The fittings are expensive (about $12 ea)and the trac-pipe fittings are rather unforgiving once they are torqued (compared to regular copper/brass). It can be difficult to get a good cut with a tubing cutter. You don't need any special tools. The tubing is super strong; you can drive over it and it wont crush. I was not aware it was available to the public. I had to be certified to be able to install it 4 years ago. The yellow covering is only to aid installation through joists, floors etc; it is not to protect it. The big benefit of using csst is the time saved to install. Even if it costs more than black pipe, you can be done quicker and move on to the next job. Same amount of profit--but twice the number of jobs. It could be used for a RV but I would rather use copper. I also cut my hand last time I tried to coil the stuff back onto the spool. Ouch.

Chris C.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald Masar" <azsun99@EARTHLINK.NET>