Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:17:03 -0800
From:         Mark Tuovinen <mst@AK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Was!!    now that it's Friday!   Now:  Rant!!
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>

John,

I am sorry to say that the trail to Eagle River never made it any farther. The city has made a little progress on others though. The current battle is trying to extend the Coastal Trail from Kincaid Park to Potters Marsh, an addition of 13 miles, unfortunately people that live on the bluff above where the trail will run are fighting it. They claim everything from increased crime, lower property values, and damage to the wildlife refuge as reasons not to build it. Of course many of their homes were built long after the trail was planned for. It has been proven on the first segment that proximity to the trail increases property values, and the trail will skirt the refuge, not run through it, allowing the citizens another area to observe wildlife in its natural habitat. Hopefully it will be built someday, and by then you should be able to bike, run, ski, etc, from Eagle River to Potters Marsh, approximately 40 miles, along a paved trail free of automobiles.

Mark in AK

----- Original Message ----- From: John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET> Date: Friday, February 27, 2004 1:36 pm Subject: Re: Was!! now that it's Friday! Now: Rant!!