Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:27:50 -0500
From:         Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Still Friday!

Jim,

You couldn't have said it better.

When the cyclists and pedestrians in the community get together and fight and lobby and push and write letters and go to meetings and make it clear that we need communities designed for non-motorized transportation of all sorts, we can make a difference. Most communities have bike committees or something, we have to get involved with them. And we have to vote with our two feet and our two wheels and our housing decisions, opting for walking, biking, buses, and trains, and opting for housing that makes those options possible.

But you couldn't have said it better, so I won't say any more!

Joy

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Joy Hecht and Matilda, 1989 Burgundy Vanagon and Henrietta, sad-eyed orangutan who waltzes with Matilda and me and my 2002 green Prius, waiting for my return from the vanadventures ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++