Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Feb 2004 07:30:50 -0500
From:         Greg Potts <Greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      True Canadian Winter Bus Campout

Hi Volks,

I just joined the Vanagon list... My Dad has two A/C vanagons and is interested in a waterboxer, and asked me to do some research for him.

I thought this would be a good time to send out a reminder about the True Canadian Winter Bus Campout taking place Saturday Feb 28th to Sunday Feb 29th. Actually, a good time to tell you all about it would have been a couple weeks ago, but I wasn't on the list then. You don't have to be Canadian to attend, but you will have to be able to camp in winter.

The event will be held at Valens Conservation Area in Cambridge Ontario. (Between Cambridge and Hamilton) This park has serviced campsites about 35 minutes east of Toronto and less than two hours from the US Border.

Valens doesn't take reservations in winter, but I have been assured that we won't really need any, there would be LOTS of serviced sites available for us on the weekend of February 28th. The parks has heated washrooms, showers and laundry machines. They also have ice fishing and cross country skiing available in the park. If you're planning to fish, please get a license beforehand.

The event info site is at: http://www.pottsfamily.ca/The_Bug_Pack/TCWBC/

You need to bring $7 in change to operate the gate in case it is unattended. Pay your way in, then find a campsite and set up. The park staff will eventually come around and register you, deducting the $7 from your fees. Campsites cost only $25.50 CDN, and food should run about $10 or so. The event info site has the menu posted if you're interested.

If you're planning on coming please let me know, there's also a group menu you can opt in on if you don't wanna do any cooking.

Happy trails,

Greg Potts Toronto, Ontario, Canada

1973/74/79 Westfakia Conversion **Bob the Tomato** 1977 Sunroof Automatic http://www.pottsfamily.ca/westfakia http://www.geocities.com/busesofthecorn