Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:04:47 -0800
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: second gas tank in their vanagon? - Design Q
Comments: To: Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>

The uphill one will still suck air. Usually this wouldn't be a too much of a problem on a gasoline vehicle as there is a 3.5BAR fuel pump there that would go a reasonably good job of squeezing out the air and you may feel the occasional stumble in the motor. On a Diesel motor, the injector pump sucks the fuel from the tank so air bubbles are a little more of a concern.

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel-Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3

http://www.fastforward.ca mailto:sales@fastforward.ca Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160

- Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions - Vanagon, Transporter and Iltis Sales and Importation - European Lighting for most Volkswagen models

Due to the large volume of email we receive, PLEASE include previous emails when responding. This will allow us to read the complete dialogue in one message and will result in quicker and more accurate responses.