Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Mar 2004 15:09:44 -0500
From:         Ian Butler <ian@BLUEMOON.HPLX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Green digital clock (from Mars)
Comments: To: Jeff Oxroad <Oxroad@AOL.COM>

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Jeff Oxroad wrote:

> I suppose the green clock is no big deal, but I don't deal well with change. > I just pass this along for those making the same repair. While the > installation of the Golf clock is identical it will light up green at night. All the > Vanagon digital clocks I have seen light up gray and the digital clock in my 93 > Fox also lights up gray. I would have thought the color on all VWs would be the > same. Live and learn.

The digital clock in my Scirocco is green, as is the rest of the dash. I had that car first, and I have to say I found the Vanagon's instrument cluster to be more than a little ghetto by comparison. A1 cars (at least eventually) had really nice green filters, and thus were spared the nasty incandescent brown.

On my van, I covered the main instrument lights with cutouts from one of those blue-tinted page protectors. I didn't think I'd be able to pull off the green look very well, so I just used the blue tint to correct the color and make it more white (if a bit more dim.)

ian Butler / ian@bluemoon.hplx.net '88 Audi 5000S quattro '88 VW Scirocco 16v '87 VW Vanagon GL syncro -- FOR SALE '77 Mercury Marquis -- FOR SALE