Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:59:11 -0700
From:         Don in Phoenix <02BuellS3T@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: best mod for vanagon?

----- Original Message ----- From: "James V" <tornadored@EARTHLINK.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tue 02 March 2004 22:23 Subject: Re: best mod for vanagon?

> On 3/2/04 19:01, "Mark Cumnock" <kayakwesty@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > > > so were do find a short shift kit, I've done the > > You can buy directly through Gene Berg www.geneberg.com. No online ordering > though. > > They're down the street from me and, as of a couple of weeks ago, production > on the short shifters was on hold... Something about they were trying to > source a new foundry. > > > easy... gene berg short shift kit. 20-25 bucks... so nice. > > I thought they were more than that... Like around $60? If there was enough > interest, perhaps we could do a group buy. I could ship them out.

I had asked about the short shift kit from Gene Berg in January, this was the reply: ------------------------------------------------------ Dear Mr. Dixon, The Vanagon quick shift kit pricing is listed below. Unfortunately, we are currently backordered on these items at this time and we do not have a delivery date.

GB 6780 Kit for 12mm shaft $73.06 GB 6785 Kit for 14mm shaft $73.06

Shipping charges are additional.

OUCH!

Don in Phoenix