Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:54:42 EST
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: bizarre vanagon westy on ebay.....
Comments: To: ian@BLUEMOON.HPLX.NET

In a message dated 3/3/04 4:16:15 AM Eastern Standard Time, ian@BLUEMOON.HPLX.NET writes:

> > ok...break out your thinking caps.. can anyone make any sense of this > > van??? its even making me confused... take your best guess.. read the > > info and look at the pics.. closely.. > > > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15291& > > item=2464321784 > > That is one peculiar van! > > I see an L interior, rear defog, newer-style headrests and/or seats, > post-85 front end, and 1980 rear side vents and blockier lettering on the > badges.. > >

my take on it is: its probably a 1980 as listed... the metal rear air intake scoops were only on the '80 vanagons.. this looks like a aircooled vanagon that someone made into a watercooled .. so who knows what kind of engine in in there. the grey cabinetry is from a 87 up westy.. but the poptop is a early 80-84 poptop..but the exterior fill outlet covers are the black 84 up style.. but it has a sink flue vent right behind the drivers door like on the 80-82 westys, but the sliding door window is from a passenger van, not a westy.. rear table arm/mount from 80-84 westy.. headlights and grille from a 86 up vanagon.. what a hodgepodge of different years..!! anyone up to call the guy and find out? his phone number is in the ebay ad. still a great deal for $100.. someone should grab it.

chris