Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:39:52 EST
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      '80-'84 vanagon Slider doorhandles NLA... Re: WTB: Outside handle
              for '81 Slidin
Comments: To: Greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA

In a message dated 3/4/04 7:53:54 AM Eastern Standard Time, Greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA writes:

> I got a call from my Dad yesterday, he's on his way back from a > vacation in Florida and has broken the outside handle from the sliding > door in his 81 westy. > >

as you proabably know, the '80-'84 vanagon outside sliding door handles are No Longer Available new.. and the used ones are getting harder to find. i dont have any FS, i just have one spare i keep under my drivers seat that im keeping for myself.. the 85-91 outside slider doorhandle can be modified to fit, you just have to cut the tip off with a hacksaw where it curves inward towards the body.. but using a 85-91 handle on a 80-84 makes the door alot harder to open since its shorter and you dont get as much leverage, as the 80-84 slider doors are not as easy to slide as the 85 up. my point is - if you see a 80-84 ext. slider doorhandle at a junkard or on ebay, GRAB IT!. they are getting scarce..

chris