Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Mar 2004 09:41:43 -0600
From:         "C. Chris Snyder" <trollboy_1@LYCOS.COM>
Subject:      No Gas???

---Hope someone here can shed some light on a problem I am having with my '87 Vanagon.

Recently, I am having trouble when taking off from a stop. I have to keep padding the gas pedal (which doesn't really help) to keep the RPM up enough to go above about 15 mph. After a time, it will pick up and like a rocket the van will be fine until I stop at a light etc again. I have found that if I put it in low (Its an automatic) I can get the rev's up and cut the time it takes to get the van to shoot off like a rocket and get up with traffic.

It is like playing rushing-roette trying to beet some car and get in to traffic at times.

Hope I have explained the systems enough to get some idea as to what I am talking about here.

I have replaced the fuel filter, cap and rotor all to no help.

Thanks,

Chris s. *****GOD BLESS AMERICA*****

Annabell-'87 Wolfburg

____________________________________________________________ Find what you are looking for with the Lycos Yellow Pages http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.asp?SRC=lycos10