Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:49:00 -0600
From:         "Warren.K.Lail-1" <wlail@OU.EDU>
Subject:      Billy Bones Update - puzzled!

Okay, here's what I've done with my Saturday.

1. Transfered Idle Stabilizer Control Unit from good running 87 GL to Billy Bones. No Change. GL runs good with ISZCU from Billy. 2. Changed Idle Control Valve from GL to Billy. No change. GL runs good with Billy's Idle Control Valve. 3. Changed oil and filter. 4. Installed new set of Bosch W7CC plugs. 5. Disconnected the O2 sensor. 6. Transferred switch under throttle body from GL to Billy. 7. Transferred AFM from GL to Billy. 8. Started engine. Ran great. Drove to Sears to get a compression tester, ran great. I thought problems solved. 9. Checked compression. #1 = 130, #2 = 130, #3 = 125, #4 = 135. 10. Rechecked timing. Perfect. 11. Decided to switch AFM back. Would not start with Billy's original AFM. Reinstalled AFM from GL to Billy. Ran great. Thought problem solved. Not so. After idling for about 10 minutes, Billy started loading up again. Smelled terrible. Now will hardly run even with all of those perfectly good parts from GL. O2 sensor is still disconnected.

I'm not defeated, but definitely embattled. With your help, I can solve this problem.

Thanks to you all for everything.

Warren Lail 88 Westy "Billy Bones" 87 GL (cannibalized, not running at present)