Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Mar 2004 11:56:49 -0800
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Green digital clock (from Mars)
Comments: To: Oxroad@AOL.COM

I have this green clock in 24 hour format. I got the green translucent strip from a late model Jetta and now the cluster lights green also. It's a good thing

Robert

1982 Westfalia

----Original Message Follows---- From: Jeff Oxroad <Oxroad@AOL.COM> Reply-To: Oxroad@AOL.COM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Green digital clock (from Mars) Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 13:30:30 EST

FYI

I got a few digital clocks out of Golfs and Cabrios at the wrecking yard to replace the faulty digital clock in my bus. I figured at least one of the used digital clocks would work. One did but after installation I realised at night with the headlights on it's green. The "stock" digital clock in my bus and I think most Vanagons lights up gray, no?

I suppose the green clock is no big deal, but I don't deal well with change. I just pass this along for those making the same repair. While the installation of the Golf clock is identical it will light up green at night. All the Vanagon digital clocks I have seen light up gray and the digital clock in my 93 Fox also lights up gray. I would have thought the color on all VWs would be the same. Live and learn.

Best Jeff 83.5 Westy LA,CA

Robert 1982 Westfalia 1987 Wolfsburg

_________________________________________________________________ Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee when you click here. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963