Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Mar 2004 20:00:13 -0800
From:         Jack <john.cook58@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Taking dog first time camping...
Comments: To: Richard Golen <rgolen@UMASSD.EDU>

Where, Ric? Are there coyotes or bears in the area? Coyotes can entice a free running dog away from the camp and then kill it, although it's more likely with smaller dogs. If bears are around, it's probably best to keep her in with you at night.

If it's a US Park, State Park, etc., call or go on line to get the rules for pets and follow them. Some rangers get a sadistic pride in spotting people who bend the rules about keeping a dog on leash, etc.

Take shampoo in case you have a dog that likes to roll in another animal's droppings (BTDT). If you are camping with others around, then there are a lot of "common sense" courtesy rules but I'll keep this short. Just remember that a lot of people are NOT dog lovers and they have their rights, too.

//Jack Missing my old dog.

Date sent: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 18:54:53 -0500 Send reply to: Richard Golen <rgolen@UMASSD.EDU> From: Richard Golen <rgolen@UMASSD.EDU> Subject: Taking dog first time camping... To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM