Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:37:19 -0500
From:         Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Burning Man Tickets

Are there Vanagon folks who meet up at Burning Man, camp together, etc.?

I have never been, and have been toying with the possibility of going this year - an interest that was revived by the discussion on the list, notwithstanding the criticisms. I suppose it's getting bigger because of people like me, who know little about it, but have heard just enough to think this sounds like something worth experiencing if I have a chance. I can see where growing pains would change what might have once been an indigenous event into a tourist attraction, and I can see where I might be on of those tourists. I'm not sure I shouldn't go because of that, though.

I'd be interested in hearing more, and hearing from others on the list who might be there this August.

Joy

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Joy Hecht and Matilda, 1989 Burgundy Vanagon and Henrietta, sad-eyed orangutan who waltzes with Matilda and me and Bicycle and Kayak, who ride on Matilda and my 2002 green Prius, waiting for our return from the vanadventures For musings about life and the vanadventures: http://users.rcn.com/jhecht/gypsy ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++