Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:30:33 -0800
From:         "McBryde, Connor" <Connor.McBryde@MED.VA.GOV>
Subject:      1.9 parts for sale

I have left-over parts from my 1985 1.9L engine swap which hopefully some of you might find useful in keeping your own 1.9 WBXs running. I had refurbished the entire engine bay of my 1.9 in July 2002 with the intention of swapping the parts to a Eurocars 2.2 engine in 2003; fortunately events changed and I went with a Subaru 2.5L swap instead. However, this now leaves me with all the engine accessories from the 1.9 (shortblock is gone) taking up space in my garage, many of which were only run from July 2002 to March 2003, less than 2,000 miles. I will entertain reasonable offers for all of the parts below:

New parts installed 7/02: Bosch factory rebuilt 90 amp alternator and mounting bracket, with warranty. Bosch ignition wire set Bosch distributor cap, rotor Bosch oxygen sensor, single wire Water pump, aftermarket/new from FLAPS. Thermostat-new German in box, never installed. Complete new engine compartment hose kit installed from Vanagain: this includes the long rubber lines from the plastic hard lines to the waterpump, all waterpump hoses, crossover pipe hoses, and the hoses attached to the plastic H-pipe. All new metric rubber fuel hoses on engine; fuel injectors are old and need new O-rings.

Old parts (engine had 144,000 miles at time of removal): Sanden A/C compressor and cast aluminum bracket-last ran approx 8 years ago, never recharged due to system leaks. Power steering pump-ran fine, no leaks. No PS hoses, however. Digijet AFM Both header pipes, front is moderately rusty/fair condition, rear has minimal rust/good condition. Header J-connector pipe, fair condition Complete engine bay wiring harness (all connections labeled) Ignition coil, distributor, transistorized ignition module, relay box idle stabilizer valves 1.9L ECU plastic H-piece near expansion tank. Flywheel in good condition temp I and II sensors. Fuel pressure regulator Most exhaust mounting brackets

If interested in anything above or not listed please contact me by P-mail. Otherwise E-bay or junkyard are next.

Connor 85 Westy/02 2.5 Subaru