Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:58:36 -0700
From:         Andrew Fox <afox@CNR.COLOSTATE.EDU>
Subject:      Re: coolant hoses (Cost, it the only issue)
Comments: To: vw4x4@fyi.net

Eric,

I fear you missed my point. Of course cost is an issue, $550 in coolant lines would be a lot cheaper than: "Call a cab, fly home, and have a truck get the vanagon tow it, fix it, and ship it home.....". But the other main issue issue is to avoid the hassle and loss of your prime vacation time experiencing new places while waiting for parts anywhere. Also, ive found that cell phones dont work in pretty places where i like to camp, this is not to say that you're going to die cause you blew a coolant hose but it can sure ruin your plans for the day. Finally, i think you owe an appology to the women on the list with your stupid remark: "Now emotional security is another issue! A women would clearly agree with you."

Andrew Fox