Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:45:29 -0600
From:         "Warren.K.Lail-1" <wlail@OU.EDU>
Subject:      What a day...Billy kicked my as_

Yesterday I pulled the tranny out of ole Billy Bones because I could not get that dam_ed starter bushing out. Once I had the tranny out, I replaced the drive flange seals and the shifter shaft seals. (I know, Frank Condelli, that I should have replaced several other seals when I was in there, but I didn't.).

This morning I reinstalled the tranny, with the new starter and new STARTER BUSHING (DAMNed starter bushing!) Anyway, the bus would not start. I seem to have a short somewhere between the ignition switch and the solenoid.

I made an appointment with a local mechanic to take over. Billy, that confounded son of a Dutchman, has completely kicked my ass. So now I've having that lubberly swab towed to the shop, tail tucked between my legs.

Oh, did I mention that when I replaced the shift shaft seal that I must have done something wrong, because now it will not shift into second or fourth gear. Great.

Life is good. Just not right now.

Warren Lail 88 Westy "Billy Bones" (acting like a pirate) 87 GL "Long John" (as civil as ever was)