Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:07:47 -0600
From:         Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Shameless Plug - Vanagon Jail Bars For Sale

Howdy All,

This is the reply I sent to Chris. I'm open to offers from anyone, although Chris will receive some special consideration. If you are seriously interested and want some pictures, please let me know, and I'll send you some pictures.

Cheers, Bruce ************** Chris,

Why, yes, I do have an old pitted set. Far from pristine. Please see attached photos. I have only polished the center support a bit. I did it by hand, but I soon became bored and found other more interesting things to do. However, you can see from the shine that I was able to get, there is potential for the entire set. I don't have a power buffer, and I was too lazy to finish the job without one.

The end caps aren't perfect, but you can see that fro the pictures. The bars aren't perfectly straight, but you can make them a bit straighter yourself, and the installation itself will help to hold the bent bars in place.

Not included are the 12 screws needed to secure the bars to your Vanagon. You can get something from your local hardware store, or I can give you the VW part number. The screws are all still available, and they cost about 82¢ each.

Please see attached photos. They are what they are. Give me a reasonable offer. You pay shipping from Austin, Texas 78751.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers, Bruce

_________________________________________________________________ Frustrated with dial-up? Lightning-fast Internet access for as low as $29.95/month. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/