Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:59:52 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Gasoline War ! !  refineries / different gases / Vanagons &
              gas
Comments: To: "sam.cooks" <sam.cooks@VERIZON.NET>

You are quite right about the additives. My Alaska Cousin when working for Shell was rsponsible for seeing to it that the fuel they received from the Tesoro refinery had the correct and proper amount of additives per gallon. As I recall, the fuel began it's journey as a base fuel, and had the additives put in later. This was true of all the oil companies in Anchorage that received their fuel allotment from Tesoro.

One interesting aside. There was a diesel fuel produced that was known as Arctic Diesel. It was used as a heating fuel in winter. But is was also the same fuel used as jet fuel to power in the turbine powered aircraft in the region as well.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver