Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:05:27 -0700
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: adjustment specs for headlights?
Comments: To: jesse johnson <jjmojo@BLAZENET.NET>

Haynes says:

"To make a temporary adjustment, position the vehicle on level ground about 3 meters (10ft) in front of a vertical wall or a piece of board secured vertically. The wall or board should be square to the center-line of the vehicle and the vehicle should be normally laden. Check that the tire pressures are correct. Draw a vertical line on the board or card in line with the vehicle centerline. Bounce the vehicle on its suspension several times to ensure correct leveling and then accurately measure the height between the ground and the center of the headlamps. Draw a horizontal line across the wall board at the same height as the headlamp centers and on this line mark a cross on either side of the center line at the same distance apart as the headlamp centers. Now locate the adjusters. On models with square headlamps there are four adjuster per side (see illustration....if you think I'm going to try that, well...........) Switch the headlamps on to full beam and using the adjusters, adjust each headlamp to align the beam to shine just below the corresponding cross on the wall or board. Bounce the vehicle on its suspension again to check that the beams return to the correct position. At the same time check the operation of the dipswitch to confirm that the beams dip correctly. Switch off the headlamps on completion."

----- Original Message ----- From: "jesse johnson" <jjmojo@BLAZENET.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 3:10 PM Subject: adjustment specs for headlights?