Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Mar 2004 15:20:37 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: A/C tune-up time
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>

I have a Behr A/C unit on my Porsche. It has a Mini Your Compressor 5.5 cui per minute. I changed the system over to r134a and I added an additional condenser under the car. The system now gets down to 34 degrees (f) in the summer months. The condenser I added was from a Vanagon and measures 12" x 24" x 1" in thickness. It just turned out to be a beautiful solution that cost almost nothing but the price of the two required line adapters to splice into the under car lines. If you got all your lines overhead it's going to cost more but still well worth the expense to get a system that has enough MOXIE to cool the large space.

Stan Wilder