Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:36:37 -0700
From:         Mike Blotz <Mike.Blotz@PEARLIZUMI.COM>
Subject:      Re: User Friendly?? (was " you fixed it with what?!")
Comments: To: warmerwagen@hotmail.com

not trying to start anything here--just so everyone knows. been enough annimosity on the list in the last day already--haha. but I agree--I hate the noise of diesels! but what is it that is annoying you--not really a properly tuned TDI--its the mentaility of bigger is better of us over here (euros and other excluded). its the turbo cummins diesel dually pickup or ford 7.3L that someone is driving to the grocery store. I have no problem with ranchers or contractor driving these rigs--but I am in the 75% of americans and live in an urban area (kind of)--guarenteed the cell phone talking folk in these things have never really fully utilized the capacity. and the sheer size throws all economical gains of diesel right out the window.

but i'll take any VW TDI, mercedes sprinter, or even the new-not yet released jeep liberty TDI (mercedes 5 cyl).

anyway--not really any vanagon content here is there--sorry